Tekion Services and You
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information in two ways:
- From You. You may personally use our Services. For example, you can use our Services to schedule a service appointment for your vehicle and in doing so, provide us information about yourself and your vehicle. When you use our Services, we will also collect information created as you use the Service but that you may not provide directly to us, such as your location, usage information and your preferences. These are discussed in detail below (See: What Information Do We Collect?).
- From Vehicle Service Providers. Various entities engaged in the automotive ecosystem may use our Services to provide you with goods and services or otherwise participate in the transportation ecosystem (each such entity, a “Vehicle Service Provider”). Vehicle Service Providers may include automotive companies and their providers, original equipment manufacturers (or “OEMs”), parts suppliers, dealers, service stations, insurance companies, financing providers, warranty providers, data providers and aggregators, financial analysts, payment companies, entities engaged in the transportation service industry such as rental car companies, ride-hailing companies and concierge services, various government agencies responsible for the licensing of drivers and vehicles and emergency services such as roadside assistance, law enforcement, ambulance services etc. Vehicle Service Providers may also provide Tekion with information about Customers, other owners of vehicles or other participants in the automotive industry.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect and receive several types of Customer information via the Services and from Vehicle Service Providers (“Customer Data”). As discussed below, Customer Data may include, among other things, personal information of a Customer as well as information related to that Customer’s vehicle and transactions relating to that vehicle such as sales, purchases and service.
Customer Data includes:
Information You Provide To Us or a Vehicle Service Provider
We may collect and store information that you provide to us or to a Vehicle Service Provider in connection with or through the Services, including:
- Personal Information. Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic data, gender, drivers’ license number and the information contained in your license, vehicle license plate number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. If you decide to sign into, or otherwise link, the Services with your social media account, we will also get basic information from your social media profile like your name, gender, profile photo and contacts (“Personal Information”);
- Vehicle Information. Information about your vehicle, including license plate number, Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”), make, model and year, value and images of your vehicle (including its interiors and items or belongings in the interior, if any);
- Vehicle Use Information. Information about the use and operation of your vehicle, including odometer reading, mileage, oil/battery status, fuel or charging history, service history, electrical system function, gear status, damage, wear and tear to the vehicle, other vehicle analytical or diagnostic information (including diagnostic trouble codes), GPS location, trip histories, driving patterns and speeds, temperature, air bag deployments, impact data, safety system status, braking and swerving/cornering events, event data recorder (EDR) data, seat belt settings, vehicle direction, camera images and sensor data, voice command information, stability control or anti-lock events, security/theft alerts, software version information, infotainment system usage, WiFi data usage, information and files residing in your vehicle such as your contacts, music, locations and addresses, and other data to assist in identifying and analyzing the performance of the vehicle;
- Billing and Other Financial Information. Information about the acquisition and financing of your vehicle (like whether or not you financed or leased your car and the lease/financing term), information relating to the insurance of your vehicle, your billing address and credit card information to process your payments related to the Services or the services of Vehicle Service Providers (or for third-party payment processors to do so on our behalf or on behalf of Vehicle Service Providers), and any financial information that you may provide to a Vehicle Service Provider in connection with an automotive transaction such as your credit card information, bank account details and other financial information;
- Information from Interactions with Vehicle Service Providers. Information related to your interactions and communications with Vehicle Service Providers. For example, such information could include Customer contact information, emergency and delivery contact information, details of your transactions with Vehicle Service Providers such as sales, purchases and services requested and preferences expressed, and communications between you and a Vehicle Service Provider concerning all of the above.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you use the Services, whether directly or in conjunction with a Vehicle Service Provider, we may also collect and receive the following information:
- Services Usage Information. Information about how Customers access and use the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the content and links you interact with the Services.
- Log Data. When you use the Services, we automatically record certain information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Address Book and Calendar Information. If you permit our app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit our app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- Geolocation Information. We may collect precise GPS location from the mobile device you are using the Services on. WiFi, IP addresses received from your browser or device and/or Bluetooth or similar technology may be used to determine your approximate location. We also collect information about the location of your vehicle within the dealership premises using RFID (radio frequency identification) technology.
- Services Integrations. If, when using the Services, you integrate with a third-party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third-party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with us.
- Third-Party Data. We may also receive information from our affiliates, our partners, Vehicle Service Providers or others that we use to make our own information and the Services better or more useful.
Information We Collect Using Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also may use various technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. See the “Your Choices” section below for information on how you can opt out of these behavioral tracking technologies and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about such tracking.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Portions of the Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count Customers who have visited those pages and for other related statistics.
We do not control these third-parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the “Your Choices” section below.
For information about managing your privacy and security settings, please email email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
Tekion may access, store, process and use Customer Data in connection with the following activities:
- Providing and maintaining the Services;
- Displaying your name and vehicle information over digital signage to inform you of the status of your transaction at a Vehicle Service Provider and where your vehicle is (for example, to let you know the status of the service of your vehicle at a dealership and when your vehicle is ready for pick-up);
- Sharing Customer Data with Vehicle Service Providers to allow them to provide or maintain their goods and services using the Services;
- Preventing or addressing service, security and technical issues;
- Helping us prevent abuse and fraud;
- Understanding, testing, researching, analyzing and improving the Services, including developing new products and services;
- Perform marketing, including interest based marketing and advertising;
- Sharing Customer Data with Vehicle Service Providers to allow them to understand, research, and improve their goods and services using the Services;
- Allowing third-party service providers to host, maintain and deliver the Services at our direction and in doing so, access, store, process and use Customer Data;
- Communicating with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us, we will use your information to respond;
- Sending you Communications. We may send you communications related to the Service, including through post, courier, email, or SMS messages, push notifications within our application and notifications on your social media accounts (“Tekion Communications”). We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. Tekion Communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we may also contact you for our own marketing or advertising purposes, or about new product features or other news about Tekion, and you can opt-out of Tekion Communications at any time; and
- Vehicle Service Provider Communications. Vehicle Service Providers may also use our Services to communicate with Customers (“Vehicle Service Provider Communications”). We may send you communications on behalf of such Vehicle Service Providers related to their goods and services or your vehicle. While Vehicle Service Provider Communications are important to your benefiting from the features of the Services, you can opt-out of these communications at any time;
- Providing Customer support and vehicle service and support (for example, recall information, service and maintenance or warranty service); and
- Supporting administration of Customer accounts and keeping track of service appointments, billing and payments in connection with the Services or the goods and services of Vehicle Service Providers.
The information we collect may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third-parties, whether Vehicle Service Providers or otherwise. It helps us to improve the Services, develop new Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our Customer’s preferences and usage patterns;
- Store information about Customer preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to a Customer’s individual interests;
- Speed up searches or requests;
- Suggest products and services of Vehicle Service Providers;
- Recognize Customers when returning to the Services or seeking products or services from a Vehicle Service Provider; and
- Improve the Services so as to promote a better Customer experience and improve the quality of service from Vehicle Service Providers to Customers.
Sharing and Disclosure
Customer Data. We may share your information as follows:
- With Our Business Partners such as Vehicle Service Providers. We may share your information with our business partners such as Vehicle Service Providers. For example, we may share your information with dealers to enable them to service your vehicle, with parts manufacturers and suppliers to confirm the availability of replacement parts for your vehicle or with emergency service providers such as roadside assistance or ambulance providers should you request this.
- With Third Party Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with them to help us support our business and the Services. For example, we may provide your information to third parties to organize rides for you, to conduct surveys on our behalf or to process payments for our services.
- With Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide and improve the Services.
- With API and Integration Partners. If you choose to connect to our platform through an integration with a third-party service, we may share information about your use of our platform with that third party. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you. We are however not responsible for how providers of an integration that you choose may collect, use, and share your information and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
- For Legal Reasons. We may share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, to enforce our terms of service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us, our Customers, Vehicle Service Providers or thirdparties, including enforcing contracts or policies, in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our Services.
- During Changes to Our Business Structure. We may share your information with third-parties and their advisors in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Tekion’s assets, financing, sale of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence); and
- Generally. To fulfill the purpose for which you provided your information, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provided the information, or otherwise with your consent.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us, including:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your Customer account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or other Customer Data, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third-parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third-parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. The Services may contain links to other websites. The information practices or the content of such other websites is governed by the privacy statements of such other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of other websites to understand their information practices.
We take security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) login credentials or a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping such login credentials and password confidential. We ask you not to share your login credentials or password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through use of the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures for the Services.
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use the Services or provide any information in the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive features of the Services, or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Privacy Department, 12647 Alcosta Blvd, Suite 230, San Ramon, CA 94583.
Privacy Department, Tekion Corp. 12647 Alcosta Blvd, Suite 230, San Ramon, CA 94583